Job Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
Choice Medical Centers
South Florida Region, FL 33431 United States
If you are a licensed Florida Physical Therapist and you want to work for a leading healthcare facility, join the Choice Medical team! We are looking for a Physical Therapist to work with our organizations to provide effective therapy treatments for our patients. You will evaluate and treat patients based on treatment plans developed in cooperation with our physicians. You will also maintain communication with patients’ families as well as with physicians and other health team members.
As a Physical Therapist, you will plan and administer medically prescribed physical therapy treatment for patients suffering from injuries or muscle, nerve, joint and bone diseases, to restore function, relieve pain and prevent disability; as well as post-surgical patients.
Your specific duties as a Physical Therapist may include:
• Reviewing physician's referral and patient's condition and medical records to determine the physical therapy treatment required
• Testing and measuring patient's strength, motor development, sensory perception, functional capacity and respiratory and circulatory efficiency, and then recording findings in order to develop or revise treatment programs
• Planning and preparing written treatment programs based on evaluation of patient data
• Administering manual exercises to improve and maintain function
• Instructing, motivating, and assisting patient to perform various physical activities, such as non-manual exercises, ambulatory functional activities and daily-living activities, as well as how to use assistant and supportive devices, such as crutches, canes, and prostheses
• Administering treatments involving the application of physical agents and the use of equipment such as moist packs and ultrasound machines
• Evaluating the effects of treatment at various stages and adjusting treatments in order to achieve maximum benefit
• Administering traction to relieve pain, using traction equipment
• Recording treatment, response, and progress in patient's chart or entering information into computer
• Instructing patients and family members in treatment procedures to be continued at home
• Conferring with physicians and other practitioners to obtain additional patient information, suggesting revisions in treatment programs, and integrating physical therapy treatment with other aspects of each patient's health care
• Orienting, instructing, and directing work activities of assistants(PTA)
• In facilities where assistants are also employed, administering complex treatment, such as certain types of manual exercises and functional training, and monitoring administration of other treatments
• Assisting in the planning, directing, and coordinating of physical therapy programs
Education, training, experience:
Job does require some travel between our offices throughout South Florida.
Terms & Conditions